You want to make your own website and trying to figure out about how to build website by yourself. You are in right place, here I am sharing basics of website design and development process to publish your website.
- First take paper and pen and perform your homework about your website content and website navigation.
- Create graphics, icons and photographs for your website or purchase graphics icon and photographs to use in your website. Graphics, Icon and photograph makes your website more attractive and increases website users engagement with your website.
- After that you required a website designer to design your website. Give them all your content and graphics and describe what you want from your website and designer will make design as per your requirement and content. If you don't want to hire website designer, in that case you can buy and use ready made templet according to your need, but to use template you must have some basic coding skill like HTML and CSS. you can easily learn it through internet, of course it require your time to get this skills.
- Use good IDE (Integrated Development Environment) like Dreamweaver or Eclipse to speed up your website development process.
- You also need domain for your website, you can get one from domain registrar like GoDaddy, BIGROCK, CrazyDomains, namecheap etc. After purchasing domain name they will give you basic domain management panel to point your domain name to your hosting provider.
- Now you need web hosting space. You can purchase webhosting for webhosting provider like GoDaddy, BigRock, namecheap, HostGator etc.
- If you want more control over you hosting and you have technical capability like system administration then you can use VM ( virtual machine ) to host your website. You can avail cloud service provider like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud etc. to create and manage your VM.
- After purchasing web hosting plan you will get nameserver records OR IP address in case of VM. You can point out your domain name to your hosting provider by updating nameserver details or A record details.
- Now upload all your website files from your local machine to your hosting space with the help of cPanel provided by your hosting provider or ftp account provided by your hosting provider. In case of VM you can transfer file from your local system to your VM with the help of WinSCP or SSH client.
- Last but not least always try to put good content and up to date content on your website, Make interactive website for better user engagement, use good navigation on your website, always try to optimize your website to get good response through your website.
I hope you like this post, if you have any question or suggestion please post your comment.